BEST BUYS WINTER SKIN
BEST BEAUTY BUYS : YOU WINTER MUST-HAVES
November 5, 2014
Winter is coming. Keep your skin looking hot when the weather gets cold.
The harsh winter months often bring with them a series of beauty woes: dry skin, cracked lips and parched tresses among them. And though you may pride yourself on taking care to moisturize year-round, the cold weather requires a whole new list of skincare needs. Your best bet is to stock up on products that act as a barrier between you and the elements by way of intense nourishment and powerful soothing capabilities. Herewith, the 13 products you need to get through this chilly season unscathed.
Photo: Vanessa Jackman
Cool, Calm And Protected
1. A favorite of makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts everywhere, this hard-working cream can be used to soften dry cuticles, sooth chapped lips, heal scaly elbows and keep hands nice and soft for up to 8 hours. A true beauty multitasker if ever there was one!
• 8-Hour Skin Protectant, Elizabeth Arden $21
2. Not only does this organic, azure balm heal inflamed and irritated skin pretty much on contact, it also helps cure the winter blues. Thanks, lavender, vanilla and frankincense!
• Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm, May Lindstrom $160
3. Those with extra sensitive skin will love this body lotion’s hypoallergenic formula. Plus, it absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel greasy.
• Anti-Irritant Body Lotion, Rovectin $42
4. As its name suggests, this lightweight oil gives your skin and hair a lovely sheen while leaving behind a sexy, woodsy scent.
• Satin Oil Spray , Diptyque $60
5. Let’s face facts: Chapped lips are not cute. This decadent exfoliator does a stellar job of getting rid of flakiness, leaving you with a perfectly supple pucker.
• Peppermint Lip Exfoliator, Sara Happ $24
6. Don’t leave home without this almond-coconut balm in your purse. You'll kiss dry lips good-bye.
• Almond And Coconut Lip Balm, L:A Bruket $15
7. This made-in-France salve attacks dry patches with carefully selected, hypoallergenic ingredients. Oh, and did we mention it withstands up to 6 hand washes?
• Cold Cream Hand Cream , Avène $12
8. The sun doesn’t take winters off so make sure to slather on the SPF. This oil-free moisturizer gets the job done while simultaneously preventing wrinkles. Score!
• Daily Hydration SPF 43 Moisturizer, Circ-Cell $42
9. Dreaded hat head is a byproduct of moisture-deprived hair. Bring this hemp oil-spiked shampoo and conditioner combo into the shower with you for a boost of hair-strengthening proteins. The best part? It smells like a tropical vacation.
• Citrus-Herb Energizing Duo, Hearts & Stars $30
10. Prep before you moisturize with this time-honored cold-weather essential. The gentle scrub sloughs off dry skin and promotes healthy circulation, leaving zero dryness behind.
• Foaming Skin Polish, Yu-Be $20
11. Rest easy knowing this fluffy formula is working hard to feed your skin with yogurt-based proteins, minerals and vitamins.
• Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial, Korres $45
12. Packed with powerful antioxidants and active ingredients, this luxurious serum is the star of your skin-care routine.
• Hydra Beauty Serum, Chanel $135
13. Slather on this cult-favorite facial oil every evening and wake up with a dewy complexion, then add a drop to your moisturizer for daytime wear.
• Olio Lusso, Rodin $150